I am self-taught and started painting at the age of 40 during a one year stay in Switzerland, inspired by love, new surroundings and a long held wish to draw and paint.
Upon my return to Scotland, I followed life-drawing courses, a.o. at Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art and Edinburgh College of Art.
Professional member of the Society of Scottish Artists
Gallery Heinzel Prize 2003
- Royal Scottish Academy: Annual Exhibition 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011 and 2012
- Society of Scottish Artists exhibitions at the RSA: 2003, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009
- Gallery Heinzel, Aberdeen, 2004
- Mansfield Park Gallery, Glasgow 2004
- Gatehouse Gallery Glasgow (Affordable Art Fair London 2004)
- Scottish Gallery, Edinburgh, (for their Sotheby’s Internet Auction in 2001)
- Tempest Radford, art consultancy, 2001, at Scottish Equitable Offices in Edinburgh Park
- Sutton Gallery, Edinburgh, 2014
- Traverse Theatre, Edinburgh, 1997